Adjectives for describing good managers:
approachable, charming, committed, confident, decisive, disciplined, efficient, encouraging, enthusiastic, experienced, helpful, independent, knowledgeable, motivated, optimistic, patient, persistent, professional, reliable, responsible, trustworthy
Adjectives for describing bad managers:
arrogant, careless, cruel, deceitful, dishonest, lazy, indecisive, inexperienced, insensitive, irresponsible, pessimistic, rude, timid, unenthusiastic, unprofessional, unreliable, untrustworthy
1) What are the 5 best qualities for a manager to have? Why?
2) Who was the best manager you have ever had? What qualities did this person have? Tell your group about some of the good things this person did while he or she was your manager.
3) Do you think very young managers make good managers? What positive qualities do very young managers have? What positive qualities do they lack? Have you ever worked for a very young manager? How was the experience?
4) What are some specific things that good managers do? What are some specific things that good managers avoid doing?
5) What are the 5 worst qualities for a manager to have? What are some negative things that can happen if a manager has these qualities?
6) Has anyone you know ever worked for a really bad manager? What bad characteristics did this person have? Tell your group about something that this person did which shows why he or she was a bad manager.
7) What are some specific things that bad managers do?
8) Why do you think bad managers are given management positions?