What do you think about One Health?

One Health

One Health

by NADYA W -
Number of replies: 12

One Health is an approach that allows people from different sectors to set aside their individual goals and work together as a team to achieve better global health.

In reply to NADYA W

Re: One Health

by Nafikhatul Khikmah -
I agree with Nadya's opinion and I think one health is a very interesting and extraordinary concept because one health does not only focus on human health but also focuses on animal health and environmental health
In reply to Nafikhatul Khikmah

by Angela Olivia Sitompul -
What Nadya and Nafi mentioned is a good point about One Health. In my opinion, the One Health approach is important because its application covers many field, which includes various disciplines at local, national, global levels to achieve optimal health for humans, animals and the environment.
In reply to Angela Olivia Sitompul

by Agung Sutiono Pontoh -
I agree with Angela perspective about One Health, in my opinion various aspects that One Health contain as important as locus area of implementation such as local to global area. Beside that, multi-sectoral cooperation in core organization example UN, WHO, UNFAO, and in national level such as Ministry of Health, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Education, and etc. are important to achieve such a big goal to this One Health concept
In reply to NADYA W

by SYLVIA DEWI RATNANINGRUM -
I Agree with Nadya. One Health is the best approach for three sectors (human, enviromental, and animal) for reaching global health together.
In reply to SYLVIA DEWI RATNANINGRUM

by LAURA NADYA DAMAYANTY AGUSPUTRI -
I agree with Sylvia that the goal of One Health is to achieve optimal health for humans, animals, and the environment. Goals cannot be obtained instantly, there needs to be coordination, collaboration and communication between practitioners in the human health sector, animal health, environmental health, and other partners.
In reply to NADYA W

by Figlia Gracia Wijaya -
I also agree with Nadya’s opinion that One Health is a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach. Adopting and ensuring a One Health approach is essential to anticipate, prevent, detect and control diseases that spread between animals and humans. But not only to prevent outbreaks of zoonotic diseases, but also other urgent environmental issues including antimicrobial resistance (AMR), food safety, and many other global health issues.
In reply to Figlia Gracia Wijaya

by NIZAR MAULANA FACHRIANSYAH -
It's true Gracia. One Health is a complex method that does not only focus on solving one problem from each sector, but looks and find that can directly be a solution from all three sector. But because this is a complex method, it is very unlikely that it will be studied just only in the current state right now and with limited contributions, it requires the continuous learning and the associated multisectoral contributions.
In reply to NIZAR MAULANA FACHRIANSYAH

by Nada Cantika Prameswari -
I agree with Nizar's opinion that solving a health problem by implementing one health can be complex because of the broad range of disciplines in three sectors like human health, animal health, also environmental health. Also with the limited resources situation that is happening in Indonesia, the implementation of the One Health approach also needs to obtain the goals by analyzing and mapping those limited resources.
In reply to NIZAR MAULANA FACHRIANSYAH

What Nizar opinion is good point to say. As One Health is multi-disciplinary cooperation, we have to take stand for collaborating to discuss this complex method and having advocacy and audiency with core organization that leads the One Health goals.
In reply to NADYA W

by Gregorius Dimas Herlambang -
Im 100% agree about nadya opinion, but we all know that one health collaboration is a trans discipline, so we can't forget how we must inclusively invites other sector with different values and function to work together through interests discussion and fulfillment.
In reply to NADYA W

I agree with that definition, as well in my perspective One Health is a multi-sectoral work to approach global health that contain several aspects such as environmental health, human health, and animal health. In according to achieve and support SDG's and UN purposes.
In reply to NADYA W

by ASMAUL HUSNA -
Yes i am agree with that, One Health give a chance people to collaborate from any sector to get a better global health for human, animal, and environment. But in the other side we didn't know how far the cooperation off all sector, may be this is the reason why we need Indohun to make this all coordinate