TOURIST ATTRACTIONS DEVELOPMENT
Credit : 3
Master Program, Trisakti Institute of Tourism
Dr. Diena Mutiara Lemy
ARIEF FAIZAL RACHMAN, SST.Par., M.T.
Welcome to Tourist Attractions Development course. The course will take you to the development of tourist attraction, such as marine and mountainous area , cultural and heritage, rural and urban, the use of world climate for attraction, and last but not least, it is a transportation for tourist attraction development. Hope you will enjoy your trip
You will start your trip by finding out:
- use of geography and spatial aspect that is used for tourist attraction, including climate factor at the destination
- push and pull factor of travel pattern where people as a host and guest interaction at the destination
- development process of physic and non-physic at each tourist attraction, such as uniqueness, facilities, infrastructure, transportation and local hospitality
- it is also important to recognize impacts of development in social, economy, cultural and environment.
During the course, we urge each of you to:
- read the materials provided as well as surf the net for more resources
- follow the schedule diligently
- participate in the face-to-face meetings
- participate in online discussion forum
- do the given assignment anad submit it at the given time
- work collabotaively in group as well as work on individual basis
Here are the topics you are going to learn :
- Introduction to Tourist Attraction Development
- Marine Tourist Attraction Development
- Historic Tourist Attraction Development
- Cultural Tourist Attraction Development
- Nature Base Tourist Attraction Development
- Rural Tourist Attraction Development
- Urban Tourist Attraction Development
- Transport for Tourist Attraction Development
Eiseman JR, F.B. 2012. Bali: Sekala & Niskala: Essay on Religion, Ritual and Art. Hongkong: Tuttle Publishing
Fridgen, J.D. 1990. Dimensions of Tourism. USA: AHMA Education Institute
Bell, S. 2008. Design for Outdoor Recreation. New York: Taylor & Francis
Burton, R. 1995. Travel Geography. London: Pitman Publishing
Fay, B. 1992. Essential of Tour Management. New Jersey: Prentice Hall
Gunawan, M.P. 2009. Pergeseran Paradigma Pembangunan Pariwisata Indonesia. Program Studi Perencanaan Wilayah dan Kota, Sekolah Arsitektur Perencanaan dan Pengembangan Kebijakan. Proceeding Seminar Internasional Perencanaan Wilayah. Bandung: Institut Teknologi Bandung.
Halpeny, E.A. 2002. Tourism in Marine Protected Areas dalam Tourism in National Parks and Protected Areas: Planning and Management. Edited by Eagles, P.F.J., McCool, S.F. Canada: CABI Publishing.
Hall, C.M., Harkonen, T. 2006. Lake Tourism: An Integrated Approach to Lacustrine Tourism System. Great Britain: Cromwell Press.
Mancini, M. 2000. Selling Destination. New York: Pitman Publishing
Rachman, A.F., Hutagalung, M.H., Silano, P.R.2013. Pemandu Wisata (Teori dan Praktik: City Tour, Excursion dan Overland Tour). Jakarta: Media Bangsa
Rachman, A.F. 2014. Geografi Pariwisata Jawa dan Bali. Jakarta: Media Bangsa
Swarbrooke, J. 2002. The Development and Management of Visitor Attractions. Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann